If you want to explore faith, but aren’t so sure about showing up at church, we understand. And maybe you want to do some exploring on your own first. If so, we’ve put a few links below to messages and teaching series we’ve done that might answer some of your questions. We’ve also provided links to a few books that could help in your exploration.
In addition to the below resources, we also offer a blog at VerveCatalysts.org. The Verve Catalysts blog provides a daily Bible reading plan to help you know where to start. And every morning, a post goes up that explains what’s going on in the reading for that day.
But could we suggest you consider showing up at Verve? We provide a safe place for skeptics to ask their questions. We know many people have been burned by church experiences in the past. It’s a place for you to explore authentic faith in a very real God, and begin experiencing God for yourself. You can be anonymous, and you’ll be sitting in a room with lots of people who have doubts and questions and are trying to figure it all out.
Helpful Verve Teaching Messages:
- Christianity for Cavemen: The Bible
- Christianity for Cavemen: The Gospel
- Christianity for Cavemen: The Church
- God Gives A Damn: About You
- God Gives A Damn: About Your Brain
- Church for the Bad
- Church for the Broken
- Church for the Bored
- The X Factor: What if God Isn’t Mad?
- The X Factor: What if God is What You’re Missing?
- I Want A Movie Life: X-Men, First Class
- The Jesus You Never Knew: The Enemy of Religion
- Façade: Real Love
- Confessions of a Pastor: I Don’t Understand God
- Confessions of a Pastor: I Don’t Like Most Christians
- More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell
- The Reason for God by Tim Keller
- Truth in Religion: The Plurality of Religions and the Unity of Truth by Mortimer J. Adler
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief by Francis S. Collins
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel
- The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel
- The Fingerprint of God by Hugh Ross
- Finding Faith: A Self-Discovery Guide for Your Spiritual Quest by Brian D. McLaren
- The Agnostic Who Dared to Search by Viggo Olsen
- I Became a Christian and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt by Vince Antonucci
- Science and Faith: Friends or Foes? by C. John Collins