How to Serve with Verve
Additionally, Jesus taught that love leads us to serve others. Two-thousand years ago, the original Christ-followers served and did so much good that they were called the people who “turned the world upside-down” (Acts 17:6). We have made that our goal as well. On this page you can sign up for a First Serve in a variety of volunteer roles. A First Serve gives you the opportunity to test drive a position without any obligation to continue serving there if you don’t feel like it is a good fit. You can try a First Serve in as many areas as you want.
If you love hanging out with kids, there is no better place to serve than in our children's program! You can serve in the nursery, preschool, or kindergarten thru 5th grade programs (or try all three)! As a children's ministry volunteer you will:
- Care for kids and engage them with simple activities, crafts and stories
- Maintain a safe and fun environment
- Help families feel welcome
If this excites you, go ahead and sign up today. Note that all kids' volunteers must pass a background check.
Are you tech-savvy? Do you have a knack for learning new things that involve a lot of buttons? Do you thrive under pressure? If your answer to any of these questions is "yes", the Verve Production Team would love to have you! As a Production volunteer you will:
- Help make our weekend services excellent by operating a slideshow, camera, sound system, or lighting system (you can choose your favorite or try all four!)
- Actively participate in weekly sound checks and run-thrus that take place before each service
- Function as part of a dozen-person team that includes the band and other production team members
If serving on the Production Team sounds like something that may push your buttons (in a good way), sign up today.
First impressions are important, and most people decide whether or not they are going to come back to a church within two minutes of walking in for the first time. If you want to play a huge role in helping Verve's building look and feel great to everyone who walks through our doors, the Facilities Team is a perfect fit for you! As a member of the Facilities Team you will:
- Keep the floors, windows and bathrooms looking (and smelling!) fresh on a weekly basis
- Occasionally help with small repairs or upgrades
- Keep an eye out for spills, breaks and other mishaps that could pose hazards before and after services
Does it sound like you were practically born to be on the Facilities Team? Let us know by signing up!
Do you love working behind the scenes to create an over-the-top experience for guests? You'd be a great match for the Frontline Team, on which you will:
- Make sure the coffee is hot, fresh and abundant each weekend
- Prepare (and clean up) communion
- Help transport the offering after each service
If the Frontline Team sounds like your cup of tea, sign up today!
Are you a people person? Do you love meeting new people and helping them feel at ease? The Host Team has a spot for you! As a Host Team member you will:
- Staff the welcome center before, during and after weekend services
- Help guests feel welcome greeting them with a smile and answering questions
- Follow up with first-time guests during the week
If you think you may be the host(ess) with the most(ess), join us!